On Fri, 23 Jun 2006 17:37:58 -0400
"G. Roderick Singleton" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> On Fri, 2006-06-23 at 17:03 -0400, Lee Wiggers wrote:
> > On Fri, 23 Jun 2006 09:57:05 -0400
> > "G. Roderick Singleton" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > Go to http://download.openoffice.org/2.0.2/index.html and get the setup
> > > guide.
> > > --
> >
> > Okay...........I just installed parallel to 2.0 with
> > 2.0.2
> >
> > I'm getting a headache.  Where is 2.0.2 and what command
> > opens it or do I have to uninstall 2.0?
> >
> > What fun.
> >

> Please see page 38 of the guide. Read the note which says:
>         Note: When you install the OpenOffice.org with the option /a
>         then you have NO system integration. In other words, no start
>         menu entries and no file associations are set.
>
> I suspect this is your problem.
> --
> PLEASE KEEP MESSAGES ON THE LIST.
> OpenOffice.org Documentation Co-Lead
> http://documentation.openoffice.org/
 Apparently it's not that simple.  I did not use
option /a.

I simply used:

tar xvzf Ooo_2.0.2_LinuxIntel_install_wJRE.tar.gz

then cd into the RPMS
directory,   /OOB680_m5_native_packed-1_en-US.9011/RPMS

and executed

rpm -Uvh *rpm

which should have given me the standard installation
in /opt

I then cd'ed into the desktop-integration directory and
executed

rpm -Uvh  openoffice.org-mandriva-menus-2.0.2-3noarch.rpm
-------------------------------

According to the installation manual (which sucks in .pdf
because I can't cut and paste :)) that should add 2.0.2
to my menus.

Is it because I did not remove 2.0 first because the
commands are the same?

I think I'll attempt to remove the whole lot and start
over with just 2.0.2.

Are there any pitfalls there with preferences or hidden
files lurking around to be missed on the uninstall?

TIA

Lee