Can someone help me with the following syntax. Although maybe you can't do this with VLOOKUP. I want to pull data from a different spreadsheet.

So I have tried something like this:

=VLOOKUP(A3;"V1.ods";Vessels;1;0)

Where A3 is the reference in the sheet, V1.ods is the file in the same directory, Vessels is defined as a Data Scope in V1.ods, 1 is the column in Vessels to pull from compared to A3 and 0 is sorting.

I've tried various ways of writing this but can't seem to get the syntax right. I'm pretty certain it has to do with the file name and the data scope (as doing it within one worksheet is easy).

Thanks for any input.