Arthur wrote:

are may distinct languages in Congo's case over 200.

>I write in Kisongie, Otetela, Lingala and Tshiluba (I don't speaks any of them though) as I am typing
it would be useful to collect valid words so that my mistake rate decreases over time.

I'd suggest creating an actual dictionary.
Kevin Scannell can probably give you basic word list, created from scraping the Internet. You'll have to check the wordlist, because spelling errors are _common_. [For one of the languages he gave me a word list for, I ended up writing a script to predict which of the variant spellings was correct.]

My current guesstimate is that it will take 250 hours to validate one word list, and convert it to Myspell format.

It would be useful to define the language as well so that I don't  get, by
mistake,

Go to http://www.it46.se/localegen/select_lang.php

And add locale data for some/most/all of the languages that you use.
Include a note saying that you'd like them to add it to the appropriate place in Issuezilla. [IIRC, they have a script that will automatically do that.]

I can't find the URL that contains the questions it asks.   :(
Getting answers to those questions, before sitting down and filling out the form is essential. With answers written out in front of you, it takes roughly 15 minutes to complete.

xan

jonathon