The one advice I see a lot on this mailing list is to be sure to exit the QuickStarter of the old version before installing a new version.

You shouldn't have to uninstall the old version, unless you just want to. Multiple versions can live side by side quite happily. But if you really want to uninstall, exiting the QuickStarter may be the key here too.

Don't know nothin' 'bout no msi files though. Sorry.

Alan Christie wrote:

Hi,
I am currently using Open Office 2.0 and have recently downloaded Open office 2.0.3 from your site, as recommended.
My OS is Windows XP Home edition.
Unfortunately I cannot install Open office 2.0.3 as it is unable to uninstall Open Office 2.0
I receive the message /"cannot find Open office org 2.0 msi/"
I originally installed Open office 2.0 from a CD which was provided by Free Software Magazine issue no.28 I have tried to manually uninstall Open office 2.0 but get the same message. I have done a Google desktop search and the file does not appear on my system.
Apart from using dynamite to remove it, can you suggest any workaround.
Kind Regards
Alan Christie