Hi Gavin,

Gavin Seddon wrote:

I have exported my bib to oo calc.  When opened I see my refs in
columns.  How do I make this into a bib readable by writer?  Also, where
should it be stored?

I'm not sure if that will work...
Via Tools|Options|Base|Database you can set the properties of the included Bibliography. That is by default located at C:\Documents and Settings\<NAME>\ Application Data\OpenOffice.org2\user\database\biblio
However, I doubt if that dbf-file can be replaced by your .ods :-)

OTOH, it is not difficult to include your .ods as datasource:
File|New|Database choose Connect to an existing, Worksheet etc etc.
But I do not yet see how that could give the functionality of the biblio. How the windows from Tools|Bibliograpy database should contain your ods-data etc.

Two suggestions:
- maybe you can convert your ods to dbf;
- look and ask at http://bibliographic.openoffice.org/

Greetings,
Cor

Thanks.