Immanuel CRC Office wrote:
[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

I did a beautiful presentation in impress and would like to save it to a dvd so others can simply play it on their home dvd's instead of having to use their computers. Is this possible. Thank you. Tim Stanton [EMAIL PROTECTED] (mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED])

Tim:

This is a good idea. To have it work, you need to have your presentation converted to the format used by DVD players (MPEG3?). I do not know how to do this, and it probably requires additional DVD authoring software.

This is outside the scope of what OOo does. You could of course submit a request for enhancement to export a presentation to the required format. I know that they already export to flash, so they might be interested in building this in.

You will need to create an account on the web site if you haven't already, and open an issue. Be verbose in describing what you want done. You might want to search open issues to see if others already have asked for this, and then you can add your input and vote for that issue.

Crystle

This isn't a bad idea for an exporter. At least a way to export a presentation to AVI or MPG. Put in a request for enhancement on the OOo bug list.

If your presentation is static or you can create individual frames for any animation, you could export you presentation as individual frames. There is an ability to use "The GIMP" and layers to create an animation and export as an AVI. Mplayer and mencoder can create an animation from individual frames. This is for Linux only though.

From there on, you have to use standard DVD authoring tools to create the DVD.

--
Robin Laing