Hi John

> "succRescentibus" breaks into "succ
> Rescentibus" at the end of a line

I copied that succRescentibus into a writer-document and it did not break at
the end of a line but moved entirely to the next line. I tried with 1.1.5
and 2.0 (linux).

Perhaps it's a question of language. Try with a character-style for this
words in which you use: language: [none].

If it works, you cant use Find&replace to find the words, click on "find
all", that would mark all so that you can apply a character-style by
double-click.
If you activate reg.expr., you can find different words in only one step,
search for:
monday|tuesday|wednesday|thursday....