On Tue, 2006-07-18 at 11:35 +0200, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> > What a coincidence. I just updated the concordance section of
> > the user guide today.
> The updated section is fine and I read it carefully, but wasn't able to solve
> my problem.
> For example: Among the words I need for alphabetical index are few in a
> different language than my document, e.g. in Polish where diacritic marks are
> relevant (Michał Załęcki ).
> That's no problem in Writer and the document itself. But if I type them in
> the 'Edit concordance file' screen  I only see the correct characters until I
> click the ok button.
> And if I try to create the concordance file manually and save the file in
> unicode encoding (utf-8), it ends up in the same dilemma. Terms I wanted to
> include in the index aren't indexed. Where could be the problem in detail? Is
> there anything I have to consider re special signs so it works for indexing?
> Nobody who has the same problem? I am still hoping to get the right hint.
> ---
> Ute Koch

I would like to suggest that you enter an issue or Request for
Enhancement (RFE) into Issue Tracker as this is the best way to have
problems/requests such as this evaluated.

If you haven't already registered, do the following:

     1. To file an issue you must register with OOo by clicking the
        My Pages tab and selecting the Register link
http://www.openoffice.org/servlets/Join
     2. Fill in your information
     3. Reply to the confirmation email that will be sent to the address
        you provided.
     4. Once you have confirmed, go to www.openoffice.org again
     5. And click on the "My Pages" tab from which you can file and find
issues.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. It is important that you file
any examples with the issue to ensure your need is understood.