[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
On Thu, 2006-07-20 at 08:01 -0400, Richard Detwiler wrote:
A few days ago, I wrote that one particular file did not show up on the list of Recent Documents (accessed by File > Recent Documents).

I've been able to define this problem a little better. It's not just one file, it's happening on all of my files. Any file that I now open will show up at the top of my Recent Documents list, as it should, but only until I shut down and restart. After the restart, the file has disappeared from the list.

The list that does appear is one that seems to be from a few weeks ago. But no new files (or recently opened and saved files) get added to the list -- other than temporarily, until the computer gets shut down.

I checked another (non-OOo) application, and it seems to be remembering its recent documents OK.

I switched to OOo 2.0.3 on July 5, and this is roughly when I began encountering the problem with Recent Documents. I can't say for sure it exactly correlates with 2.0.3, however.

Any thoughts? Is there any setting that somehow might have gotten botched up? Thanks.

Windows of some description? This sounds to me like permissions have
changed on the file that keeps this info. Have you updated recently? Can
you find where your files are kept? On my XP box they are in C:
\Documnents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\<app>\ if I
remember correctly. On XP this directory is by default hidden so be
prepared to change settings in Windows Explorer. Check perms of the
<wherever>\user/\registry\data\org\openoffice\Office\Common.xcu which is
one of the files that keep history.

Sorry, I should have given my operating system. Yes, it's Windows XP. There may have been an update recently, it's set to auto-update whenever MS in its wisdom thinks that Windows needs to be updated. The files are kept in a directory similar to yours: C:\Documents and settings\<username>\My Documents.

This is an ignorant question I realize -- how do I check permissions? I've never done that or up until now, had any occasion to do it.