Dave Barton wrote:
> On Wed, 2006-07-19 at 19:22 -0400, Victor Chapman wrote:
>> What is the correct process to upgrade from ver. 2.0.2 to 2.0.3. I
>> have tried this a couple of times and end up with a hybrid the old and
>> the new.

Yes, that's exactly what happened. I resulted in some interesting "bugs"
that I reported unknowingly.

> I am guessing that you installed ver. 2.0.2 that came with SuSE 10.1 and
> then tried to upgrade with the "official" ver. 2.0.3 from the OOo
> website. This will not result in an upgrade, without some tweaking,
> because the SuSE version installs in /usr and the official version
> installs in /opt by default.

Yup!

> If this is the case, I would suggest that you use Yast to remove the
> 2.0.2 components.

I did.

 If you wish, you can leave the SuSE version of
> quickstarter installed and change it's configuration to work with the
> official 2.0.3 version.

After lots of flailing away I now have ver 2.0.3 installed and running
correctly, I think.

What is the suse version of quickstarter?

Thanks for your response.

> Hope this helps.
>
> Dave

Regards,