On Sat, 22 Jul 2006 08:07 pm, Johnny Andersson wrote:
> I can see that my Alt+0149 and Alt+0183 doesn't look right so
> maybe that make it even harder to understand what I am looking
> for.
>
> Alt+0149 is a fat multiplication dot
> Alt+0183 is a thin multiplication dot (sorry for bad English
> if that's the case...)
>
> More comments below...
>
> Den 2006-07-22 02:24:20 skrev Bob Long <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> > Johnny Andersson wrote:
> >> I draw a square, rectangle or a circle (really doesn't
> >> matter in this case.
> >> Then I hit F4 and edit the base point setting. It is set to
> >> upper left corner so I change it to the center in the
> >> middle, if you understand what I mean...
> >
> > Yes, I follow so far...
>
> Great... =)
>
> >> Standard setting:
> >> .  ·  ·
> >> ·  ·  ·
> >> ·  ·  ·
>
> Upper left corner selected
>
> >> New setting:
> >> ·  ·  ·
> >> ·  .  ·
> >> ·  ·  ·
>
> Center point selected
>
> >> Pressing Enter and hoping that things change.
> >
> > So you have simply selected a different base point, to which
> > the Position X
> > and Y values in the fields to the left of the diagram apply.
> > You have not said that you have actually changed any X or Y
> > values. What exactly are you
> > expecting to change?
>
> I didn't change X and Y values, at least not yet. All I want
> to happen is that Draw will remember that I selected another
> base point than the preset one. Since the X and Y values are
> the same as before, I think that the object mybe should move a
> bit too... but the reason to select the center point is that I
> want the center point, rather than the upper left point, of
> the object to snap to the grid.

Even is your setting was remembered I don't believe it would
change the reference point for snap-to-grid.

The trick I use in a number of vector drawing utilities is to
group the object I want to snap, with an invisible objoct
(usually a rectangle) which is on grid and which determines the
reference point of the group. Then manipulating the group gives
the snap action required.

Malcolm