From: Dan Lewis [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, 24 July 2006 7:20 AM
To: users@openoffice.org
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [users] [Word Processing, key for 4 hours, do spell check,
get edit message not responding. Lose everything. Followig same thing 6
hour dodument

On Sunday 23 July 2006 01:55 am, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Purchased Acer Laptop; Aspire3502WLCi with Open Office Manager loaded,

> May 2005 purchase date. Have Windows XP home also preloaded.
>
> Since it is not Microsoft "Word" cant do spell check on email.
> Per PeoplePC.Com
>
> 2 weeks ago I keyed for 4 hours, was doing a spell check in word
> processing mode of Open Office Manager when I got the edit message not

> responding and was in a loop so I lost everything.
>
> Last week same thing except 6 hr key, was in spell check and got same
> message and lost everything.
>
> It is not related to power suply as I am on AC rather then battery.
>
> Is there somethig obvious I am doing wrong?
>
> Thank you
>
> Rick Weil

>From another member of this mailing list:
When you mention working for 4 hours or 6 hours and then losing your
work, does this mean you did no file saves for the 4 hours or 6 hours?
If so, yes there is something obvious you're doing wrong, you should
save your work much more frequently. Ctrl+S is a real quick way to save.

If I'm doing significant work, I normally save every few minutes.
Hitting Ctrl+S takes literally less than one second.