That's a good one, but I have eliminated that possibility as well.  :
)  Check out the test case; it would be nice if I can confirm I'm not
the only one having this problem.

-Roberto.

On 7/27/06, CarlP <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
CarlP wrote:
> Roberto Aguilar wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I am printing out envelopes and am trying to hide "address2" if the
>> entry does not have a sub-address.
>>
>> First, my data is from postgres, which is linked to OO Base using
>> jdbc.  In:
>>
>> Tools -> Options -> Openoffice.org Base -> Databases I give the db a
>> name mydb.
>>
>> Next, I created a query that I want to use for my mail merge and name
>> it gifts.
>>
>> I then created a blank document, then went to Insert -> Envelope and
>> setup the envelope.
>>
>>  From here, I can see all the data from my query set filling in the
>> envelope information in the format:
>>
>> <name>
>> <address1>
>> <address2>
>>
>> Now, I'd like to hide <address2> if it's blank, so in:
>>
>> Insert -> fields -> other -> functions
>>
>> I select "Hidden Paragraph" and set the condition to:
>>
>> mydb.gifts.address2 EQ ""
>>
>> But, that does not work.  I always see a blank line.  I'm pretty sure
>> I followed the documentation properlly.
>>
>> Any help is greatly appreciated!
>>
>> Thanks!
>> -Roberto.
>

> Do you have any unusual characters in the field name?  I had the same
> problem when field names contained any prohibited Windows characters
> (e.g. /\|><*$# etc.).  My data source (Filemaker Pro 5) allows such
> characters and my problem fields contained them.
>
> Also, make sure the "Hidden Paragraphs" option is off in the View menu.
>
> Lastly, I haven't tried to suppress fields with a JDBC or ODBC source,
> so maybe the problem lies there somehow.
>
> Carl

Oh, and one more thing.  Are you sure there are no spaces in those blank
fields?  I've seen the same question when a user had spaces in the blank
fields for at least some records, and for those, of course, OO will
think they have data in them and therefore display them.

Carl