If you click "Already Registered", it should stop bothering you. You don't really have to register, you can lie. People do it all the time, although obviously since you're a lawyer I can't name names.

You must be a registered user to submit or vote for issues (bugs), but otherwise it's not necessary.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

I have Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition which I purchased in 2000 bundled with Word Perfect. Sean McCarthy in an article yesterday discussed MS Word and recommended Open Office. Accordingly, I tried and tried today to download just the word processing. I somehow installed Open Office.org 2.0 ( installation files ). I saved it to my C Drive in my documents ( my pictures) and apparently in a new folder. When I click on the icon on my desk top which indicates "openoffice. org2.0" it takes me to Installation Wizard and all sorts of hurdles leading me to nowhere unless I register with them. They talk about an evaluation version but everything comes back to their registration. I am a lawyer that has always worked with Word perfect but I would like to check into MS Word. Apparently my legal expertise is not helpful although Sean stated the " whole thing downloads and installs easily and is simple to use....It's a snap". Help..Arne Siegel, 12820 Oak Knoll Drive, Palm Beach Gardens, Fl. 33418---Tel.& Fax. No. 561-627-3977