On Tue, 2006-08-08 at 18:13 -0700, Robert Von Rudloff wrote:
> Yes, I have tried selecting "never register".  And "register later".
> All the options.  And they keep coming back.  :)
>
> - Rob

IIRC, OOo needs to write to a file and update a field. If permissions on
this directory do not permit updating this field then the request will
recur. So you will have to check that you have permission to write in
the target directory. The list archive will have other messages on this
topic within the past 30 days and you will have to look yourself because
you did not report which OS you use. This would have helped. If you are
using Linux, then the target file is likely
$HOME/.openoffice.org2/user/registry/data/org/openoffice/Office/Common.xcu
Look for
Locate the following code:
  <node oor:name="Misc">
   <prop oor:name="FirstRun" oor:type="xs:boolean">
    <value>true</value>
   </prop>
  </node>

and change "true" to "false".

If this fails then fix your permissions.