Greetings!

This must've occurred after my installation of OOo 2.03 r4 because I didn't notice this in either Mac OOo or NeoOffice.

My Courier 12 documents display non-proportional fonts as Courier's designed, but I noticed that any words with "fi" in it (like finished or final" that the two characters are crunched up against another almost like in proportional fonts. In fact "f" and "i" are actually touching almost to being a single character. Courier Final Draft doesn't exhibit this and neither does Courier New. I don't know if there are any other character combinations that display the same way.

Does OOo install a new "different" Courier font that overrides the basic Mac Courier font or is this just a behavior of OOo with these peculiar characters?

Thanks & keep up the great work!

James Greenidge