-----Original Message-----

Ned:

First, you need to install the program as it is depicted.  That is, drag the
application from the disk image folder to the Applications folder.
Second, you will need to install X11.  There are instructions on how to do
this from the Mac OS X download page and there are also instructions in
the Mac OS X appendix from the user documentation available at the
OpenOffice.org web site.

James M.
Mac OS X QA Team Lead, American English.