On Fri August 11 2006 15:04, + Philip Bentley wrote:
>  [ MODERATED ] ********************
> I am using OO v2.0 on Windows XP on a newish PC (shop demo - Advance) and
> can drag and drop in Writer with no problem.
>
> My wife bought her new XP operating laptop (IPC Multimedia) at about the
> same time (early this year) from the same local shop - Sussex - and cannot;
>  dragging just enlarges the highlight but doesn't move the selected text.
>
> Returned to the shop the assistant installed OO v2.0 on another PC to
> ascertain the correct operation of Dr&Dr, then uninstalled OO v2.0 on the
> laptop and reinstalled it from the same file as the PC - it wouldn't Drag
> and Drop!!  either with the touch pad or a mouse.
>
> I am flummoxed.  Is it an installation problem or a laptop problem?
>
> At the same time she has been having corrupt text appearing on her document
> - curiously compacted text letters inserting at different places from the
> insertion cursor.
>
> Would installing OO v 2.0.3 solve this and do I need to uninstall the
> earlier v2.0?

Hi Philip,
 It's possible that the option to enable this was activated. have a look at
the status bar at the bottom of the Writer window and you will see a "STD".
In this mode you will be able to do standard selecitons and drag and drops. By
clicking on STD you will change the mode to EXTend and ADD. I think that your
wife may have inadvertently changed this mode.

Please reply to users@openoffice.org only

--
CPH : openoffice.org contributor

                                http://user-faq.openoffice.org/#FAQ