Looks like my migration to Mac is costing me Open
Office. After waiting forever for an Intel Mac version
I tried to in stall it only to get that bloody X11
warning. Well I have dug in and tried to sort through
X11 but I'm not a hacker and haven't a clue how to
shoe horn it into my machine and being new to Mac I'm
wary of screwing up my system. I'm not a novice and
have built a lot of machines over the years and have
worked with computers for 20 years now. Unfortunately
I mostly use software and I'm not into manually
installing software. I did some of it back in the DOS
days but X11 seems way over my head. Really upsetting
that I have to give up on Open Office because of this
required utility. I just don't know what else to do at
this point. I hate Microsoft Office so I can't go back
to it but there just isn't much else out there. It may
have seemed like a cool thing to do running Open
Office through the Unix portion of OSX but it leaves a
lot of users like me out in the cold. Is there a
version of X11 that self installs?

Cary