On Wed, 2006-08-16 at 14:28 -0600, jimw wagner wrote:
> G. Roderick Singleton wrote:

> >> Just went to look at the URL.  It has the note that "regular expressions
> >> do not appear to work in the Replace field."
> >>
> >> I've had great success in putting in hard returns via the replace field.
> >>
> >> Am I just lucky, just picked one of the  few that does work, or is the
> >> FAQ out of date?
> >>
> >> JimW
> >>

> > Are you sure?  There are character sequences that are recognized in
> > Replacing that look like they might also be used as part of a regular
> > expression but are not.  So what was your incantation in the Replace
> > field?
> >
> All I did was put \n in the Replace field and it put in the line-break I
> wanted.
>
> The only problem is that I may have referred to it by the wrong term,
> but still, it works.
>
> JimW

\n is one of those exceptions I mentioned. I cannot recall whether or
not I put this in the guide nor can I recall whether or not I recorded
that one could specify characters by their hexadecimal definition. e.g.
0X0a is a linefeed and so on.
--
PLEASE KEEP MESSAGES ON THE LIST.
OpenOffice.org Documentation Co-Lead