Sigve:

See my comments below.

-----Original Message-----

You are welcome.  Troubleshooting problems can be very time consuming and
frustrating.

>-Sigve
>
>> > how do I unmount it?
>> >
>>Now to unload the disk image:  In the same window that has the listing
>>of files on the image is the image name with an international
>>eject button.  Click on it to 'eject' the disk image.
>
>I have done this, but I wasn't sure if that was "unmounting".

Did the window change to the Macintosh HD view (the one that you get
when you click on the hard drive image that is on the desktop)?  If
so, then the image was 'unmounted'.  If not, then there is something not
working properly.

>>Now on to one more question, are you trying to start OpenOffice.org as a
>>user with administrative privileges?  You must do so the
>>first time that OpenOffice.org 2.0.3 is launched.
>
>Yes, I am an administrator. I have also tried to start it as the root user,
>with the same result.

The root user cannot run OpenOffice.org for security reasons, from what
I remember.  Just using an administator should start OpenOffice.org.  Again,
I will ask what version of OpenOffice.org are you using?

{Computer type verified and correct}

>>If you are looking for the Norsk version, it is available from the
>>following source
>>and is not an officcial release that has been through the full QA
>>process.  It is at
>>ftp://ooopackages.good-day.net/pub/OpenOffice.org/MacOSX/2.0.3rc7
>>and is named OOo_2.0.3rc7_MacOSXPPC_nn.dmg.
>
>Unfortunately the same thing happened with this version.

This is confusing...

>If you want to see what the problem looks like, I have put a screenshot at
><http://rasmus.uib.no/~sho047/images/screenshot.jpg>.
>[username and password deleted.]

I will definitely look at this this evening, Phoenix time.

I may also post this to the Mac OS X development list to see if anyone has
encountered this problem.

James M.