On Tue, 22 Aug 2006 09:11:13 -0700 (PDT)
heck eastman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I am using OpenOffice word processing 2.0.3 and cannot
> find a way to put page numbers on the page. This must
> be a simple process, but "help" does not lead me to
> any useful information.

You may download:

OpenOffice.org2.x User Guide
http://documentation.openoffice.org/manuals/OOo2.x/user_guide2_draft.pdf
and read "Page Styles and Page Numbering", p. 80 (112),

or

OOo2.0 Writer Guide
http://documentation.openoffice.org/manuals/oooauthors2/0200WG-WriterGuide.pdf,
and read
Chapter 6 "Introduction to Styles", section "Page numbering", p.152
(158).

> Please
> give me instructions on how to put page numbers in the
> upper righthand corner of the page. Thank you.

1. Insert->Header->Default;
2. With cursor in the header: Insert->Fields->Page Count;
3. 'Align Right' button on the Formatting toolbar.

- but you better read the guides.

HTH,

Andrius