----- Original Message -----
From: "Guido Pinkernell" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <users@openoffice.org>
Sent: Thursday, August 24, 2006 10:05 AM
Subject: Re: [users] Grouping Things in Writer

Am Donnerstag, 24. August 2006 09:47 schrieb Harold Fuchs:

>> Now the fun starts. I want to group the screen shot and the box/ellipse so
>> that I can move and/or resize them as a unit. I can't.

>As far as I know this isn´t (yet) possible.

If  I use Writer to draw two boxes or a box and an ellipse or ... then I can
select them and group them in the way I described (select first, hold shift
key, select second, group). It only seems to fail with a pasted picture

>Instead, place your screen into a
>frame. This is easiest done by pasting the screen into the doc, then
>selecting the screen and then > Insert > (Beschriftung  - don´t know teh
>english term for the numbered "figure 1" underneath a graph). You can then
>keep the "figure 1" or delete it. After that create your ellipse onto teh
>screen, it will automatically be anchored to the frame.

I think "Beschriftung" is "caption" in English. This works but *only* if I
anchor the screen shot to the frame first. You also have to be careful to
select the frame and not the screen shot if you want to move the thing as a
whole. Grouping would be much easier.

Oh, grouping the screen shot and a box works in Draw.

I think there's a bug (sssshhhhh).