On Thursday 24 August 2006 10:42 am, Klaus H. George wrote:
> Dear sir---I freaaaaaak...
>  I am not a native Dutch and have to use a spell checker to save my
> ass - and since weeks I try to solve this  %^$#@ the problem -
> looking at p2p for some working Microsoft thingy.
>
> I found OpenOffice and installed everything as I need it (spell
> checkers in German, Dutch and English...). Now I start using it -
> have to get some official doc going and --- what happens --- that
> %^$#@ shit checking program does not work....
>
> In the options I did set my default language to Dutch - all spell
> checkers (editing language settings) are set to Dutch....
> And I get German .... The help file does not help me further any
> more... - what is this???? A big bug or an illusion?
>
> I want to write and spell check in DUTCH.
> I wrote my text... Started the spell checker checked for selection
> Dutch and he wants to change the name of the person I am writing
> too...I click 'ignore' and after that the checker jumps to
> German.......this %^$#@ checker jumps continuously back to
> German!!!!
>
> Please can you tell me how to really make your dictionaries work in
> your writer???
>
> Thanks Klaus

     Please resent this email without all the unnecessary expletives.
(%^$#@). Your questions can be answered, but you need to calm down
and write a civilized letter. Your problems can be solved. If you
want to know how to do this in your own language (Dutch), that is
also possible. The Dutch mailing lists are at
http://nl.openoffice.org/about-mailinglist.html.

Dan