Hi Irv,

I'm using slackware 10.2. Here's what I did:
1) on console I typed
bash$ locale -a | less
to see what available locales are supported by my
system and ready for use. I found en_PH.utf8
(Philippines)
2) so on console I typed again:
bash$ LANG=en_PH.utf8
3) I checked it out
bash$ locale
4) and there it was:
I then tried en_US.utf8
[EMAIL PROTECTED]:~/videos$ export LANG=en_US.utf8
[EMAIL PROTECTED]:~/videos$ locale
LANG=en_US.utf8
LC_CTYPE="en_US.utf8"
LC_NUMERIC="en_US.utf8"
LC_TIME="en_US.utf8"
LC_COLLATE=C
LC_MONETARY="en_US.utf8"
LC_MESSAGES="en_US.utf8"
LC_PAPER="en_US.utf8"
LC_NAME="en_US.utf8"
LC_ADDRESS="en_US.utf8"
LC_TELEPHONE="en_US.utf8"
LC_MEASUREMENT="en_US.utf8"
LC_IDENTIFICATION="en_US.utf8"
LC_ALL=
[EMAIL PROTECTED]:~/videos$

But still can't copy and paste.

I have an idea. Did you get Bibletime as a package?
Because I compiled mine from the source. Maybe that's
where the problem is. :) I'll try to recompile my
Bibletime and see if I missed the utf8 locale support
in it. And it might not be OOo related after all. LOL.
I'll keep you posted.