On 9/1/06, U.Kranzusch <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hello,
sorry, maybe my question is naiv, but I am pre-retired and try hard to
work myself into the subject. My problem is: I have started only shortly to
use OpenOffice, with good results. But, however, receivers of my spread
sheets, I have sent to them by e-mail, are unable to open them when using
the 'traditional' software of Microsoft still. What can I or they do to
overcome this problem. Should there be a solution, please let me know.
Greetings
Ulrich Kranzusch

Go To
1. Open the openoffice
2. Tools -> Options
3. Click on General which is under Load/Save Section on left hand bar.
4. You will see Default file format under which, there are 2 pull down menu
named "Document Type" and "always saved as"
5. now choose Spreadsheet in "Document Type" and choose Microsoft Excel 97
/2000/XP in "always saved as"

now your files will be saved in .xls format.  however for old file (file
which are already exists), you have to save as in this format.

with best wishes
balwant