On Mon September 4 2006 22:34, + marion wohlhieter wrote:
> To the OpenOffice community:
>
>    I downloaded OpenOffice last year and have used it sometimes in place of
> Microsoft Office, especially for documents being sent to European friends.
>
>   How do I know when and how to update your suite if it should become
> prudent to do so?
>
>   Should I first remove the older version and then re-load?
>
>   Is there a way to automatically update at intervals?

In the newer versions 2.0.4 (when it is available in a few weeks, and maybe
even 2.0.3), there should be an option to check for updates in "Help".

I do not think that it is necessary to remove the older versions of
OpenOffice.org.

There is no automatic update facility available yet.

Please reply to users@openoffice.org only

--
CPH : openoffice.org contributor

                                http://user-faq.openoffice.org/#FAQ