Simon Johnson wrote:
I have downloaded; OOo_2.0.3_Win32Intel_install.exe from the official
OO website. When I attempt to run the installer, (which is 94,525kb)
I receive an error from NSIS (the install system) detailing that the
package is corrupt in some way. Im assuming that this is an error
with the NSIS install script as i downloaded the archive twice, both
resulting in the same error. I am using Windows XP Media Edition.

take a look, please, at:
http://documentation.openoffice.org/HOW_TO/misc/Troubleshooting_guide.html

in particular, Corrupt or incomplete installation or download.

WalterAM