arnold huzen wrote:

A friend recently upgraded his version of OpenOffice from 2.0 to 2.0.3
on a computer running under Windows XP. The way he uninstalled 2.0 is unclear, as he reinstalls each month his XP :) , so the previous version of OOo was probably deleted during the reinstallation of Windows. The problem is that after the upgrade, his OpenOffice Presentation files that were stored on his second D: drive aren't read correctly : some charset issues, and no more sound.

Could it be possible that along with reinstalling his XP he also deleted the fonts and sounds he used in these presentations?

I don't think so, as he reinstalled Windows many times so far, and each time he reinstalled also OOo 2.0 from his D: and everything worked fine. The problem occurred when I replaced OOo 2.0 with 2.0.3, so I suspect its origin is within OOo.