On Mon September 25 2006 06:49, Adam Lafayette wrote:
> Yes, Scribus a real good program.  I just started using it 3 or 4 weeks ago
> to replace MS Publisher 98.  I really like the way its layed out.  For
> someone that is just starting to use it I would suggest reading at least
> the documentation on setting up preferences.  A nice thing about scribus is
> you can export to pdf like you can with openoffice.  I just finished
> putting together a CD cover for my band.  Then I exported to PDF so it can
> be printed pretty much any where.  A desktop publishing program is much
> easier to use for something like that than a word processor.
>
> Adam Lafayette  N1ZGG   [EMAIL PROTECTED]    http://www.bloodkeg.com
>  http://www.geocities.com/atomlbomb

Additional comments on Scribus and OpenOffice. I use both. Scribus allows me
to build PDF forms easily (OpenOffice will also allow you to build and save
PDF forms). Only problem is you cannot save the filled in form, only print
the form after you fill it in.

I do all my word processing in OpenOffice (saved as Word doc for people still
needing word doc format). I use the whole open office suite. I've created
presentations and the spreadsheet. I use Scribus for PDF forms, Cards, and
other Items I use for Desktop Publishing including a monthly club bulletin
that used to be done in Publisher.
--
Russ