On Monday 25 September 2006 3:16 pm, Ross Bernheim wrote:
> > I've been doing this for sometime....I'm not "new" to consulting,
> > Ross. :) As I said at the outset, I don't support MickySoft - period.
> > And, I'm fortunate in that I don't have to.
> >
> > Fred
>
> You are very lucky indeed. I am unfortunately stuck having to deal with
> MS Windows to run some programs
> and others in my company use MS Word and other MS programs. I can deal
> with the Excel and Word files
> well enough that it is not a big deal for me, merely an inconvenience.
> The boss does some things in MS
> Publisher but I fortunately don't have to deal with that.
>
> I have moved to the odf format and if they complain, I can always tell
> them it is internationally approved
> file format standard. MS's file formats are not.  :-)>

Correct. One area that I haven't had a "problem" yet with, is Access....no one
is using it that I've dealt with. I'd like to hear from someone who has and
what they did to replace Access and if so, did they use Base or something
else that will work with OO?

Fred

--
MickySoft, the ultimate corporate parasite.