"Jeffrey McDonald" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]:

> I gave my mom OO to use since her computer doesn't have MS Office, and
> she needs to work with a .doc file to submit a book to Lulu.com for
> editing. When she opened the edited .doc she got back from the editor,
> with changes marked and the option supposed to be made individually to
> keep what the editor suggested or what she originally had, every time
> she presses the delete key anywhere in the document it just strikes
> through the text.

You have revision marking turned on somehow -- this isn't a problem
specific to OOo: I've known it happen to a friend in Word. It is useful
sometimes (the editor wants to show her exactly what he's changed) but if
you want simply to accept all the changes, do two things.

go to edit -> changes -> Accept or Reject, and them choose to Accept all.

Also go to edit -> changes and untick "Show"

That should do it.

But being able to track changes in this way is useful if you are sharing
documents.

--
Andrew Brown
The email in the header does not work.