Hi,

Niklas Nebel wrote:
Joe Conner wrote:
When I try to print a 9 sheet CALC document, and if I select "all" from the FILE->PRINT menu all prints fine. BUT, if I select "PAGES" and list the pages 2-9 to print, then the print fails completely. If I select "PAGES" and leave the default to page 1-9 then page #1 ONLY prints, and 2-9 fail. I am using 2.0.4RC1 on
WinXP Pro w/SP2 and an HP LaserJet 1000 printer.

Note, the behavior changes drastically when FILE => PRINT = OPTIONS "Print only selected sheets"
is checked from when it is unchecked.

Am I wrong to expect page 2-9 to print if the PAGES radio button is dotted and the page numbers 2-9 are typed in the window box? Does anyone else find this to be the case?

"Pages" in the print dialog refers to printed pages, not sheets.

Niklas

as Niklas wrote, you must understand the difference of "sheets", "pages", and "selection". Plus there are the "print ranges" and the "print only selected sheets" box that you found on the Print Options dialog.

The sheets are selectable near the left bottom of the Calc window.
Use Ctrl+Click to select multiple sheets, but only if you know what you are doing (because now everything you enter on one sheet will most likely be entered on all selected sheets), so normally you will not want to select multiple sheets, and you will not enable the "print only selected sheets" box. Every sheet can consist of many printed paper pages. This obviously depends on the paper size, font size, and so on. The Print Ranges that you define on the Format menu must also be considered. If you have set a print range to print sheet 2 and nothing else, you will only see printed output from sheet 2 or no output at all, depending on the settings on the File-Print dialog.

Hope this helps
Uwe
--
  [EMAIL PROTECTED]  -  Technical Writer
  StarOffice - Sun Microsystems, Inc. - Hamburg, Germany