From: abcd2395 [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Sent: Wednesday, September 27, 2006 2:53 PM
To: users@openoffice.org
Subject: [users] I have a question about saving as a word document

I have been trying to save documents as Word files or rtf files and cannot
do so.  I keep getting a message that the file cannot be save in the
particular format. I am in an online college and they need the attachments
to be in Word.  How can I do this, if it is possible?
     Thank you for your help,
Anita Gilbreth
It's weird but each time i tried to send a document made with openoffice and saved as blablabla.doc, the receiver couldn't open it with microsoft word...
Even if it was from Mac to Mac... no Pc in between.

What do i do wrong then ?

Thanks for your suggestions.

Hi, Seb.  It isn't enough to use the .doc extension.

When you "Save As", you must select the correct file type.

Instead of adding the .doc extension yourself, select the box that reads something like "use automatic file extension". That way, you'll know you've done right if the document is saved with that extension.

HTH.  (I just came in to shut my system down.)

That's what i did acutaly...
I saved it as "microsoft word 97/200/XP" with automatic extension checked.
When the guy tried to open it with Word... it didn't work.
And even if i tried to re-open this file with openoffice again... i simply couldn't and openoffice complained and said something like... "this is not a real microsoft word 97 document..."

Any explaination ?

Tworowski Sebastien
Musical Assistant, Drummer and Composer
tel : 0033 + (0)6 14 76 87 25