On Fri, 2006-09-29 at 08:29 -0500, Fred Grant wrote:
> I'll be upgrading from Fedora 2 to Fedora5 soon.

FC6 should be coming out soon .... you may want to wait for that.
>   I expect the CDs to
> also include the latest OO.

Also, in my experience, the best way of installing OOo is to grab the
installation files from www.openoffice.org website..... you can get the
latest version.

> For those of you who have already been
> through this, please pass along any tips that you found useful in this
> regard.  I'm especially concerned about:
>
> Maintaining the various settings that I have made over the years that
> are in my home folder.

It depends on how you setup FC2 and how you plan to upgrade it to
FC5/FC6. If you setup /home on a separate partition, then you can simply
ask the FC5/FC6 installer to use the /home partition without formatting
it. If everything is installed on a single partition, then you may be
able to upgrade this without formatting to keep all you settings
in /home/*** directory. I would strongly encourage you to post OS
upgrading questions on [EMAIL PROTECTED] ....... you will most
likely receive more tips from there.

-G