On Monday 02 October 2006 04:47 am, peter fahy wrote:
> [...]

     You must create a paragraph style for which Portuguese is the
language. Then apply it to all the paragraphs you write in
Portuguese. The spell check should then work.
     To create this paragraph style use F11 to open the Styles and
Formating Window. Make sure the Paragraph Styles icon has been
clicked with the mouse. (The icon on the left.) Right click Default,
and select New from the context menu. Name this new paragraph style
with something that has meaning to you under the Organizer tab. Click
the Font tab to change the language for this style to Portuguese.
Select the font you want to use and the font size also. Click the
other tabs and make any changes that you want. Click OK to close the
window.
     To then apply this style, click a paragraph that is to contain
Portuguese words and then double click your new style in the F11
window.
     For more details you need to read the information on Styles
available from the Documentation Group or the OOoAuthors. Both are
listed at http://documentation.openoffice.org/manuals/.

Dan