Dan Lewis wrote:
> On Monday 02 October 2006 08:41 pm, James McKenzie wrote:
>
>> Dan Lewis wrote:
>>
>>> Do you have JRE (Java Runtime Environment) installed on your Mac?
>>> Open OOo then Tools > Options > OpenOffice.org > Java. If you
>>> have JRE installed where it should be, OOo will find it and list
>>> it in the window.
>>>      JRE is available from www.java.com.
>>>
>> Dan:
>>
>> There is a problem with the MacIntel version of OpenOffice.org and
>> the Database wizards which is fixed in 2.0.4.
>>
>> BTW, Apple is the only source for Java for the Mac.
>>
>> James McKenzie
>>

>      Thanks for pointing this out. Is JRE part of the Installation
> Disk, or where would it be found on the Apple web site? I'd like to
> know so I could instruct others where to look.

Java is installed as a part of the Mac OS X base installation.  There is
an 'upgrade' that is available from the Mac OS X software site for Java
5.0.  OpenOffice.org 2.0 works with the installed Java or the 5.0 upgrade.

To check which version is installed, click on the top menu item Tools,
then Options.  Click on the OpenOffice.org item and then navigate to
Java.  This will open a window that shows if Java is enabled and which
versions are installed.  The default has a selected button in the
default area.

James McKenzie