I also agree that there are many more important
issues. To me, drag and drop works great in Calc,
actually easier than in Excel, where you have to be
careful to click on the border of the cell or the
area. In Calc, once you make a selection, all you need
to do is click somewhere within the area, a much
bigger target.

For doing a single cell, one needs to know the "trick"
about first selecting two cells, then dragging back so
that only the target cell is selected. Once you know
how to do it, it is very easy, and in my mind, still
simpler than Excel where again, you need to carefully
click on the border of the cell only.