Santiago Donoso wrote:
I installed OOo after downloading from your home page. It was version 2.0.3

In my computer all programs have nice looking fonts (like in Windows), but OOo shows fonts that are anti-aliased. That is the problem.

probably they are not anti-aliased, right ?

For example from the fonts list in Kwrite I choose "Arial", which is present of course, but the letters are anti-aliased, so I go to the "Tools > Options > Fonts > View" and play with the settings there. This only make Kwriter look more terrible.

kwrite ? kwrite is simple kde text editor, so i assume you meant writer, which is part of oo.org (and kwrite has no tools->options menu entry).

if so, i don't get what you meant by fonts->view. in that item i can't see anything related to antialiasing of fonts, mostly it's substititiom table. i'd suggest you disable substitition at all.

I know you have had this issue with other Linux users, I also know that in your release a few moments ago of OOo 2.0.4 you mentioned that Mac users are able now to use the system fonts...

How about Linux users ???

I just downloaded 2.0.4 and it has the same problem.

have you tried mandriva supplied versions of oo.orgt ? do they have the same problem ? is this problem visible with all fonts, for example, dejavu or bistream vera family fonts ?

I have tested 2.0.3 with Fedora 5 using Gnome, with Mandriva Linux, with Kubuntu... all the same.

Regards,

Santiago.
--
 Rich