On Thursday, October 12, 2006 7:32 PM [GMT+1=CET], Daniela Mendoza <[EMAIL
PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I am using version 2.0 of OpenOffice.org. My problem is : I can't open
> openoffice impress with Microsft Powerpoint (U.S.A) and to my
> knowledge, this action CAN be done. If can be done, what can I do to
> the document before saving it, so it can be opened with Microsoft
> powerPoint?
>
> Thank you very much
You need to choose Save As from the File menu and then choose to save in
Microsoft Powerpoint format from the long list of available file types. Make
sure the "Automatic file name extension" box has a tick in it.

Alternative you can choose Send As from the File>Send menu and then choose to
send it as Powerpoint. This way you never save the Powerpoint version on your
computer.

For complex slides you should check that they look OK in Powerpoint. OOo and
MSO are not 100% compatible.

Harold Fuchs
London, England