bo edvinsson wrote:
> Hi!
> Since I don't remember my password or login name, it is impossible to enter
> the help forums even
> though I been trying for 30 minutes.
> Therefore I send this mail to ask you if updating from oo 1.1.5  Italian to
> the 2.0 would take to
> much more disc-space and memorycapacity? (I have a dell 800 mhz).

Yes, it will take up more disk space because you can install
OpenOffice.org 2.0.4 alongside your OpenOffice.org 1.1.5 installation.
Due to the increased number of features, it will run slower on your
system.  However, I run in on WindowsXP SP2 on a Thinkpad A22p, which
has the same CPU as your Dell, and it functions acceptably to me.  One
question that I have is which Operating System are you using and how
much memory does your Dell have?  If you are running WindowsXP with 256
MB of memory, you are running a minimally acceptable system and will
experience problems running OpenOffice.org 2.0.4.  More memory is the
best solution in this scenario.

James McKenzie