On Monday 16 October 2006 08:01, cl wrote:
> Hello,
> I used the latest version 2.0.4,and I want to write a formula with the
> Math,but I met the problem with the sum template,
> while "from{i=1} to{i=n} a" would show as ?i=1?i=na  ,is there somthing
> wrong?
> the enviroment is WinXP,Locale:Simple Chinese.

You are missing the keyword "sum" before that formula, so it should be
    sum from {i=1} to {i=n} a

If you use the Selection dialog, then you select operators with "Sigma a",
and then select the Sum operator with (Sigma x) and only then should you add
the limits with the (Sigma from ... to...) icon.

I understand this is a bit counter-intuitive, but the help pages do say that
that is the correct behaviour.
--
Andy Pepperdine

For FAQ, userguide, see: http://documentation.openoffice.org/