Dan Lewis wrote:

>       I just added a symbolic link to seamonkey:
> ln -s /usr/local/seamonkey/seamonkey.
> OOo 2.0.4 (Linux) still does not recognize Seamonkey as a properly
> configured email client even after closing and restarting OOo.
>
> Dan

Did the same, with the same results as you - see my post to Wolf's reply.

However... I just installed Thunderbird & allowed it to import *all* of
my SeaMonkey settings. Then in OOo I set the email path to:
/usr/bin/mozilla-thunderbird
and this works!  Very odd that OOo will take Thunderbird but not SM.

Note: Thunderbird *must* be open for this to work. If TB is not opened
first, then OOo just times out in its attempt.
I suppose that this script might work if I can figure out how to
properly modify it and understand where to put it in OOo:

http://kb.mozillazine.org/Make_external_programs_in_Linux_use_the_right_browser