On Monday 23 October 2006 05:39, Russell Butler wrote:
> Walter Hildebrandt wrote:
> > I  am using OOo 2.0 with a WindowsXP machine.  In writer, when I press
> > Enter then press the dash key (after the 0 (zero) key on my keyboard) a
> > number of time, a solid line appears on the page.  The line can not be
> > deleted.  How can I turn off this automatic function?
> >

> > ---------------------------------
> > Yahoo! Messenger with Voice. Make PC-to-Phone Calls to the US (and 30+
> > countries) for 2ยข/min or less.
>
> Hi Walter
>
> In Help - Lines I found: Automatic
>
> To stop drawing a line when you type three identical characters:
> OpenOffice.org automatically draws a line when you type three of the
> following characters and press Enter: - _ = * ~ #
> 1.Choose Tools - AutoCorrect.
> 2.Click the Options tab.
> 3.Clear the Apply border check box.

That tells you how to avoid this automatic behaviour.

What you've done is add part of the border to the paragraph - it is not a line
of text. So to remove it, position cursor in the paragraph that precedes it,
then Format -> Paragraph -> Borders, and you will see a grey box on the left.
The line below it is the border that is set; click on the line to remove it.

--
Andy Pepperdine

For FAQ, userguide, see: http://documentation.openoffice.org/