I has OO 2.0 on Windows XP SP2 and was happy as a clam until I read that I
needed 2.0.3 for security reasons. It wouldn't install, saying that the old
OO couldn't be uninstalled. I erased everything by hand. Actually cleaned
the register key by key. Scanned the register so it would be clean as a
whistle.

It still said there was an installation that couldn't be removed. I tried
2.0.4, same deal.

What happens is this:

The msi file and auxiliary cabs are extracted onto an installation
directory. Then it verifies the install and it stops, saying it can't find
the msi. I point the [EMAIL PROTECTED]&* msi out to it and the it says the old
OO
installation can't be removed.

Anyone have any frigging idea how to get past this point?

TIA

Cec