thanks. unfortunately it didn't seem to make any difference. It's not only the icons but also the menus ie file, edit, view, insert etc.
strange

Adrian Try wrote:
Hi Rich

Adrian
if you're talking about changing the theme in the control centre then yes i've done that. If not i'm not sure how to change those settings. Are they in office itself?

Yes, OpenOffice.org has it's own icon theme settings.

Tools / Options / OpenOffice.org / View / Icon size and style

The options are default, high contrast, industrial and crystal. Try to changing to a different icon style.

I don't know whether this will help. I'm guessing that there may be a problem with the icon files with your installation.

Adrian

--Using Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/mail/