> Rick:
>
> Insert a newline character before the title of your TOC (you did title it
> before creating it, right)  This
> should allow you to insert a manual break for a new page.
>
> Also, this is a mailing list, staffed by volunteers.  Please to not reply to
> my e-mail address but please reply to
> users@openoffice.org or if using GMANE or Google Groups, to the news group.
>
> Thank you.
>
> James McKenzie

The TOC has the title "Table of Contents" - I didn't title it. I can't
insert anything ahead of the TOC - that's the problem. Anything I try to
insert goes into the TOC (but only if I remove protection - if I don't
remove protection nothing can be inserted). Maybe I don't understand
what you mean by a newline character - I'm assuming this is just hitting
the enter key. I've tried to insert anything in front of the TOC and
have never been able to.

Rick B.