Kirill S. Palagin wrote:
-----Original Message-----
From: Terry [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Sent: Tuesday, November 07, 2006 4:57 AM There is something wrong with the file. Even when I paste data into a new file, it somehow corrupts the new file and Data >Sort does not work. It does, however, work in a virgin file.

The query on the forum actually relates to sorting a number of rows, all in random order. It seems to be impossible to sort a number of such rows simultaneously, so I wanted to record a macro sorting of one row and adapting it to sort rows in a selection one by one.

Now I have another chore - transferring data from the file (only a test document) to another file without transferring whatever error is preventing the file from functionning correctly. :-\

Any chance you could file an issue for that and post link?

Regards,
K. Palagin.
I should have thought of that.  I've overwritten the old file.

An older version, restored from backup, is working satisfactorily.

Now I don't know what the problem was. Because it's a test document, I have been using it for a variety of purposes and cannot possibly retrace my steps. :-[

I've become used to my test file going awry occasionally. Next time it happens, I'll think about filing an issue. I suspect it's really too idiosyncratic to be worth anyone's time.

One thing I noticed about the version that wasn't working is that the "Statistics" tab in File >Properties was missing. I wanted to see whether I had at some stage experimented with a file link which had left a hidden file.

Anyway, the whole mess has gone into a black hole. Once you delete on Linux, that's it.

--

If you're seeking, check out http://www.rci.org.au