James McKenzie wrote:
Terry wrote:
James McKenzie wrote:
Since you all stole this thread, here is something for thought:  Does
MySQL come with Ubuntu?  I have to test a MySQL Java client connection
from Mac OS X to Linux to see if a problem has been fixed or still exists.

James McKenzie
Mac OS X QA/Test Team Lead
James, I've just installed Mandriva 2007 on another partition and MySQL is available with that, just in case software for humanity hasn't got it.

Terry:

Can I run Madriva 2007 without installing it? I don't feel like playing around with my hard drive again. I was testing Fedora and had to build a special kernel for my PC. Again, this is to test a MySQL client installed on a Mac system with a MySQL server installed on Linux.

James Mckenzie

Good question. I've got a live cd but I cannot tell whether it's got MySQL and think it's unlikely. I tried finding the info on Mandriva's multitudinous websites, in vain.

Your best bet might be Knoppix which has a live dvd as well as a live cd. I tried to find out what's on the dvd but they weren't playing either. Their start page is http://www.knoppix.com/

I wonder whether the distros actually want anyone to use their software, sometimes.

Perhaps you should start a new thread? :-\

--

If you're seeking, check out http://www.rci.org.au