Dan

Many thanks for your response. I did finally find information on the Apple site but it still left me wondering. Your comments are reassuring.

Bill
On 7 Nov 2006, at 17:47, Dan Lewis wrote:

On Tuesday 07 November 2006 09:23 am, William Joseph wrote:
The OpenOffice web site constantly states that OpenOffice is usable
on "MAC OS X (requires X11)". Nowhere in Apple literature do I find
any reference to X11. I am using a MAC MINI with OS X v10.4. Will
OpenOffice run on this system?

     Yes, it will. To download, install, and use OOo (OpenOffice.org)
on your system you need to follow the instructions found at:
http://porting.openoffice.org/mac/.
     Once you get it installed, the first thing you may notice is that
it always opens with an untitled text document. Use File > New to
view and the list of other applications of OOo. Use this list to
access the other applications.

Dan